We are super excited to have a GUEST POST!! We managed to coordinate West Coast vacations with our DC friend Emily. It was great to see her out here for an abbreviated 942 reunion. Made it feel all the more like home. Here’s Emily!
You know you’re in Berkeley when:
1. There is a giant freezer of Amy’s Organic frozen food and Newman’s Own ginger cookies being sold at the video store downtown.
2. The local landfill doubles as a city park with skyline views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. And there are amazing sculptures made of scrap metal scattered along the shore
3. You trek around town along trails through the woods with names like “Berryman Path” with grapes and citrus fruit growing all around.
4. While waiting for the BART train, there is a passenger practicing yoga on one side of you, and on the other side a person doing Tai Chi. (thanks for this one, Kate).
5. You spend all day eating some of the best pizza and ice cream (w/ flavors such as Cardamom Rose, or Coconut Chile Cashew) in the country, and enjoy good company. And you don’t want to leave. Life is good.